Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Zoey baby chocked hard today :(


Baby just chocked on a pc of apple and turne blue :( HELP

Postby soyena » Today, 15:50
My baby just chocked on a piece of apple, she couldn't cough it out even though she tried while I pat her on her back HARD.

Withing 15 secs (which felt like an eternity) her face turned blue and white and the coughing almost stopped, I quickly stuck my finger down her throat, found the apple, tried to push it down but it won't budge. Her throat's too narrow for me to put 2 fingers so I used my nails to scrap it up. Finally, the apple came up and she started to cough harder, cry out loud and breath.

Now her face is pink and smiles at me. BUT BOY all the thoughts that went through my head!! I wasn't sure if calling an ambulance was the right thing to do, not sure they'll arrive in time....

how I am soooo hesitant into giving her anything at all. She's only 7m old ... She almost hates soft/sticky/slimy/runny foods, even with solid foods like cheese, bread, fruits, veggies, etc. she doesn't eat much (like 1 tbsp/ day).

Should I keep trying? I am so scared....

And now her throat is bleeding as I think I scratched her throat. Any advice?
-------------------------
I posted this on babyledweaning.com forum, and since received lots of encouragement and suggestions on taking baby 1st aid courses. Well, I've asked Clinica Alemana but they don't have one for babies.

Just wrote to Red Cross Chile hoping to receive some respond.

For anyone's having similar issues or worries:
But Lesson Number 1, When chocking DO NOT STICK YOUR FINGER IN BABY'S THROAT but lower their back so that the butt is higher (with body and head supported) and smack their back (b/t shoulder blade) 5 times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment