Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Daring Cooks June, 2010 Challenge: Pâtés and Bread

Our hostesses this month, Evelyne of Cheap Ethnic Eatz, and Valerie of a The Chocolate Bunny, chose delicious pate with freshly baked bread as their June Daring Cook’s challenge! They’ve provided us with 4 different pate recipes to choose from and are allowing us to go wild with our homemade bread choice.

I am not posting any recipes this time, you can find them here with various pâtés and bread recipes provided.
This was such a fun experience!!!!!!!!! Mainly because... I got to use my just arrived  Kitchen-aid and Vitamix.
Kitchen-aid is such a great tool to have around! I had no trouble at all with the french baguette except the slashing cuts that sorta deformed my dough. 
BUT... everything went downhill 20min after I started with the chicken pâté :( I cut the pork belly into cubes and tried to grind it by a handful with Vitamix, after 20sec... it died. I was cool with that after reading the user's manual that it does that when it is over heated and it'll start to work again after 45min cool down. It didn't. So... I decided to hand chop everything!!! LOL
Here are the results.


I must say, I love love pate but this was only okay because my "hand-chopped" fat totally disgusted me. Will I do this again, ABSOLUTELY!!! Actually, I have a lamb liver, a trout, some shrimp, more pork belly and all the ingredients in my refrigerator right now :) Just need a food processor asap.

1 comment:

  1. oh no! do you have like a garuntee for your vitamix? You should try getting a food processor, it's one of my best investments i made in my little dorm-room kitchen so far. And i'm so jealous that you got a kitchenaid! that's my ultimate dream kitchen appliance!

    The pate looks great! can't even tell you chopped up the livers by hand. the bread looks great too, super soft and fluffy, great job!

    ReplyDelete