Sunday, March 28, 2010

Banana Strawberry Super Moist Cake *Failure*

*Chile=Strawberry!! yeyey~  and I totally love love love banana cakes, SO!

A banana-strawberry super moist cake is what I've decided to try to create without any white sugar or butter. (給我家寶貝一個健康的身體)

Powders:
2 cups of all purpose flour (I used "Harina con polvo de hornear" w/ 15% protein as that's what I had and added no baking powder)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of  cinnamon powder
1 tsp of vanilla powder
1 tbsp of baking powder

Moists:
3 large eggs
200g sour cream
20 drops of artificial sugar
30ml of maple syrup (had some left and wanted to use them up :P )
1 1/2 cup of semi smashed bananas
1 cup of semi smashed fresh strawberries
1/3 cup of olive oil























Very simple, blend all the "powders". On a larger bowl blend all the "moists" well then sift the "powders" in (folding manner). Place in a pre-heat oven and bake at 170C for 45 min.

The outcome, crispy outside with TOO MUCH moisture inside!!! I will have to cut down 1/2 on both the bananas and strawberries OR add 1 more cup of flour.Any ideas?

不過 the sweetness is good, turned pudding-ish like I wanted it ^-^ Maybe it's my weird taste, but after it cools down, it's great! 剛剛好 sweet-enough and I pour a bit of maple syrup on top for my 寶貝 adding a pretty finish touch.

 
一個我用想像力烤出來的草莓香蕉蛋糕喔
 
熱熱的切, 都塌了:(  note to myself: gotta wait til it gets cooled off

2 comments:

  1. Now it's cold... I must say... 太黏了! obviously the baking powder included with my flour were not enough! Must add a bit more baking soda next time, and that will be sometime within los proximos dias, que tengo mucho strawberry y bananas ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good! And i guess being too moist isn't a bad thing, it sounds like a yummy bread pudding to me! And bananas and strawberries are a great pair, i'm thinking, strawberry banana smoothies, yum!

    ReplyDelete